This article was published on: June 5th, 2018
Last modified on March 28th, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Car Keys Solutions is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Car Keys Solutions may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 April 2018.
WHERE TO FIND US
- Registered office address: Units 9 – 14, Millers Yard, 28 Long Lane, Finchley Central
- Our website: http://www.carkeyssolutions.co.uk
WHAT WE COLLECT
To help provide you with, and improve our service, we (and our third parties, such as AdRoll and Google) may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you submit via web forms such as your first name, surname, phone number and email.
- Your IP addresses, cookie identifiers, and website activity.
- Information we collect at trade events and shows.
- A record of your correspondence with us via phone, email or other means.
Details of your visits to our website including the following data sets; device information, location information, third party data (for marketing campaign management).
Please note we do not share your details with any third parties without your consent.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Targeted advertising purposes (where expressly agreed to by yourself)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
OPTING OUT OF PERSONALISED ADVERTISING
On ads served by AdRoll, look for an AdChoices logo (the blue triangle) in the corner of the ad. Click the logo to learn more about interest-based advertising, who served the ad, and manage your ad options. You can also opt out of seeing personalised ads from AdRoll (and other companies) using the NAI opt out tool here. Please note you will still see ads even if you opt out, but they will not be personalized by AdRoll.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
MANAGING COOKIES ON OUR SITE
Most modern browsers allow you to manage cookies saved on your computer. For example you may wish to accept all cookies or reject all cookies.
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may process your personal data in a secure manner that meets European Privacy Laws. As a company we process under the concept of ‘legitimate interests’. Therefore, when you provide your personal details to us, we ensure that your data is processed for a distinct purpose whilst ensuring that your interests, rights and freedoms have been thoroughly considered. We will not use personal data for activities where our business interests are overridden by the impact on your privacy or other interests.
We will carefully process the personal information you have supplied to us to conduct and manage our business, to provide relevant marketing communications, fulfil our service commitments and provide the best possible customer service whilst delivering a secure experience.
If you are not happy about the manner in which we process your data, the ‘your rights’ section of this page provides details on how you can withdraw from processing.
We will not transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in compliance with requirements set by the General Data Protection Regulation.
By giving us your personal data to fulfil your order or to allow us to provide services to you, we will endeavour to keep your data secure. We pursue ongoing improvement in the methods used to transfer and store data, ensuring that we align with industry standards.
Personal data may be stored securely on third party platforms which are used for marketing or operational purposes.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When storing data, we aim to retain the data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose in which it was obtained, with the objective to ensure the highest level of data accuracy. Where identified as inaccurate, data is either rectified or destroyed in a secure manner.
Data retention periods may vary between operational activities, with the business providing consideration as to the length of time data is held for on a case by case basis.
Regarding storage, there are several ways in which your data may be stored:
- Within cloud servers. When utilising platforms to fulfil our operational requirements, third party solutions may be used to store the data. As a company, we aim to utilise partners who have data centres within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Hard copy, where hard copies of data are retained, they are kept in a secure and clean environment.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Subject access request – To see what information we hold on you, contact us at email@example.com
- Right to be forgotten – Once you know what personal information we hold on you, you can request us to delete the relevant information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be able to unsubscribe from any email communications at any time via the footer in the emails that we distribute.
- Right to object from us processing your data – You can object to processing from direct marketing communications using our unsubscribe form. For other types of processing, please contact email@example.com
- Right to correct your data – if any of your personal data we hold isn’t accurate, let us know and we’ll get it updated for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to comply with legislation and respond within thirty days of receiving personal data requests. These requests are handled by our Business Support department.
Third parties seeking access to an individual’s data should initially contact the individual regarding such requests.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us
We adhere to guidance from the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office), they are the UK’s independent body that have been set up to uphold information rights. The ICO have stated that In line with the GDPR, details we provide to you about how we process personal data must be:
- Concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible.
- Written in clear and plain language.
- Free of charge.
If you have a concern about information practices, you can raise your concerns with the ICO.