Less claims paid when vehicle security improved
It is no myth that vehicle crime, whether stolen vehicles or vehicle burglaries in recent years has increased drastically and with it, all the claims paid out. According to The Associations of British Insurers, in 2018 the claims made and paid for stolen vehicles and vehicle burglaries topped off to £376 million. It is no myth that vehicle crime, whether stolen vehicles or vehicle burglaries in recent years has increased drastically and with it, all the claims paid out. According to The Associations of British Insurers, in 2018 the claims made and paid for stolen vehicles and vehicle burglaries topped off to £376 million.
Benefits of using Car Keys Solutions
- At Car Keys Solutions, we know the ins and outs of making any vehicle secure against being stolen by making it undrivable when a Ghost II Immobiliser is installed;
- We are Thatcham Research approved Ghost II Immobiliser installer and preferred contractor for many insurance companies;
- We also provide car keys replacement in lieu of the lost or misplaced ones and restore the vehicle’s security at the same time by either delete or disable any non-present keys;
- Our response time in case of emergencies is 1 hour;
- We are a mobile auto locksmith company which means we can go to where the vehicle is, therefore the car does not have to be recovered anywhere.
NOTE: While most car key services are being provided via our mobile division, immobiliser systems like Ghost II immobiliser, alarm and tracking device would have to be done in our shop as these will require more work and be done by a qualified technician.
Benefits of using security devices such as Ghost II Immobiliser, alarm, tracking devices and more
The car theft and burglaries in recent years have gone up and with it, the insurance claims paid out. It has become known that the security of the vehicles provided by the manufacturers is not enough and that more should be done. In the meantime, third parties companies have come up with all sorts of gadgets meant to bring the security of the vehicles to a higher level once installed.
Q: How do the car security devices help the insurers bottom line?
A: Having, for example, a Ghost II Immobiliser installed will reduce the car theft. The way the Ghost Immobiliser works, will not allow the vehicle to start even if there is a relay attack, unless a pin code, provided at the time of the installation, is entered in a certain sequence. This pin code is made up by presses of buttons, which buttons can be located on the steering wheel, central console or even driver side door. The Ghost II Immobiliser device is impossible to be found and does not emit any radio signals that could potentially be used for a relay attack. Having an alarm and tracking device installed can also help to secure the vehicle. While the alarm makes noise when an attempt to break in is made, the tracking device helps to localise the vehicle at any time. Another way that can and will save insurers money when it comes to tradespeople, is by securing the cargo area through installing security locks, such as slam locks and deadlocks.