Motorcycles, scooters and mopeds key replacement
So, you have a motorcycle, a scooter or a moped and you’re in need of key services, what to do and who to call? Car Keys Solutions is the place to call and get a motorcycle key replacement and here are additional 9 ways to get any key needs resolved:
- Spare Keys. Is it that you only have one key? There is no better time to get a spare key, like NOW. We have seen far too many times what could happen when the only key is misplaced, lost or worse, stolen. A few scenarios would include but not limited to:
- not being able to use the motorcycle, scooter or moped when needed;
- increased cost to replace the missing key. Not always, but sometimes may require replacing parts as well, which it will add up to the
- weak security, which now means, the vehicle is prone to stealing since no accurate location of the keys is known.
- Lost or Stolen Keys. As mentioned earlier, motorcycle, scooter or moped keys are lost or stolen, either one is now vulnerable. At Car Keys Solutions we do understand that when a situation like this occurs, it becomes an emergency. Because of this, our response time is 1-hr to get a motorcycle key replacement and restore their security.
- ECU Programming
- Key Repairs. We believe that not always a key needs to be replaced unless all the repair options have been exhausted. When no repair is possible we will recommend getting a new motorcycle key replacement.
- Snapped or Bent Keys. Even if the key is bent or has snapped, we can cut a new key, and follow the procedure of programming the key with the vehicle the programming tools in our possession.
- Transponder Chip Programming. While highly unlikely, to have a transponder chip de-synchronise with the vehicle, sometimes it does happen. When that happens, the vehicle will not start. The transponder chip has been introduced as a security measure to prevent starting a vehicle without having the right key and make it less likely to be stolen.
- Removal of broken keys. Sometimes it happens that keys can snap in the ignition switch. That can happen for a few reasons:
- The blade has weakened from wear and tear over time;
- The blade has been bent and straighten out one too many times;
- Possibly a worn-out ignition switch caused by a worn key.
- Key cutting and programming. Whether a spare key or a key replacement for either motorcycle, scooter or moped, requires the same process as cutting and programming the key with a vehicle. The difference between the two is that when a working key is present the process of making a new key is much easier, whereas there is no working key present, additional steps are needed to obtain the code needed for cutting a new key.
- Repair or replace ignition switches. Highly unlikely that ignition switches will go bad to the point where a replacement is needed, but sometimes it happens. Our first approach would be to first attempt to repair it. Depending on the extent of the damage, more often than not we are able to fix them. Whichever the case may be, our technicians are well prepared to deal with any issue that comes before them. Should you have any problems with the ignitions switch, please give us a call on:
0203 393 5669.
Car Keys Solutions is an auto locksmith company, based in East Finchley, London. Our services are being offered at one of our locations and mobile as well, through our mobile division. Our technicians are highly trained and equipped with all the necessary dealer level equipment to deal with any motorcycle, scooter or moped key needs.
Why choose us?
We are a well established London based automotive locksmith company with thousands of positive feedbacks from our customers. But don’t take our word for it. Check us out on:
We cover most of the makes and models for motorcycles, scooters and mopeds. Below is a list with the most common and known makes. If you do not see yours, please call us. Chances are that we do cover.
- Harley Davidson
- Royal Enfield
We are open 7 days a week year-round
Emergency mobile auto locksmith services available 365 days a year.
We cover London and 40 miles radius around London up to M25.
7 ways to secure the motorcycles, scooters and mopeds
As the motorcycle theft has increased dramatically in recent years, here are a few tips on how to keep your motorcycle safe:
- Portable security;
- Alarms and tracking devices;
- Immobiliser systems;
- Chains, padlocks and D-shackles;
- Security marking and registration;
- Garage door defender;
- Park the vehicle in safe places.
For more about each of these tips, please read our blog article: Is the vehicle security provided by the factory enough?